You are searching about A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example, today we will share with you article about A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example is useful to you.
Is It Essential To Invest Significantly In Plant And Wildlife Preservation?
The news that wildlife is in danger seems disturbing… at first but eventually dulls. It doesn’t matter if it’s California condors, tigers, pandas, mountain gorillas or coral reefs.
Are they worth worrying about? Of course! If the cute pandas disappear, we will feel sad, but we do not depend on them. However, it is extremely important to take care of people instead of spending millions on animal conservation.
The cost of wildlife and plant conservation is significant – Is it essential?
There are many reasons why we should not save endangered species. The surprising cost is most obvious. Billions are spent every year on conserving endangered wildlife instead of caring for starving, dying or sick people. It is difficult to understand the rationale for conserving predators such as wolves and tigers, which are a threat to livestock and humans.
In fact, extinction is natural, and what we are aware of is the extinction of dinosaurs 65 million years in the past. However, species are disappearing faster than ever. It has grown a hundredfold over the past century. People are to blame. Fortunately, people adore the natural world, and even wild animals are thought to be fascinating, majestic, and cute.
The aesthetic value of beautiful nature is worth it, so some prefer that it should be preserved like paintings and architecture. However, some people do not connect with animals or plants that are simply dark, ugly or smelly.
In western countries, tigers are kept because they look beautiful. In rural India, they are not welcome because tigers are a threat to their family. You can see that each person has their own likes and dislikes, but they need practical reasons to conserve endangered wildlife.
Practical reasons to invest in wildlife conservation
Nature provides a host of “ecosystem services”
• The process of biological research involves exploring nature to discover commercially useful products. New medicines can be discovered without trekking dangerous miles into the jungle in the faint hope of discovering a miraculous plant species.
• In addition, there is the issue of local people who are already familiar with the uses of medicinal plants and do not like outsiders trying to define them.
• The next dilemma is what happens to those species that are not useful. For example, the blood of Mountain Gorillas is impossible to use therapeutically for cancer.
• Fortunately, biologists discovered in the 1990s that plants and animals benefit humans by being there. They provide ‘ecosystem services’ that we take for granted.
• Services can be direct or indirect. For example, green plants and sea plankton provide pure oxygen, which is a direct and visible service. On the other hand, wasps are pollinating insects that help certain plants produce seeds, which will either not survive or provide us with food. Their services are delicate, so falling pollinators can be a concern.
Imagine if there were no plants on earth, people would have to create a chemical processing plant to produce oxygen and even water. If there was nothing to eat, then produce artificial food, which will be difficult to digest.
Will you be able to create good microorganisms that live in the intestine artificially? Instead of going through all the stress, it seems simple to let the actual wildlife take care of it for us. The scope of ecosystem services is extremely broad and gigantic when everything is added up.
• Wildlife conservation is not ‘Nature for its own sake’, but can morally be considered ‘Nature for humans’ due to the concept of ecosystem services. Even if you don’t care for wildlife, it has strong value for the ecotourism sector.
• If you have a selective approach to conservation, such as keeping the things that attract tourists and letting the rest disappear.
• However, for specific wildlife, there will be a need for a dense jungle full of trees, which cannot be ignored. It even means that you will have to keep other animals that will help form the plant community.
• For many people who live near forests plan safari vacations and take tourists to see wildlife. These people benefit from wildlife conservation. Jogging trips pay better than farming. Ecotourism is a way where nature compensates itself.
It keeps the ecosystem stable and resilient
• You cannot separate some species of wildlife from the wider web. If you wipe out a single species, it may not be a problem, or it may cause a domino effect that can change the entire ecosystem.
• Prediction is hard! You may find out if you allow species to become extinct only to find out that it is too late to change the situation. Conserving the forest is not just saving the wild species but ensuring regular water supply.
• We have experienced weather fluctuations. Too much rain means flooding, and too little defines a drought. Both are life-threatening. The trees in the hills provide a reliable supply of fresh water for the people living in the lowlands. Forests must be stable and resilient.
• According to ecologists, ecosystems with a wide range of plant and animal species are stable and strong. They are less susceptible to sudden damage. For example, a small fuzzy worm is not useful to humans, but probably supports the ecosystem that provides valuable services.
Science has proven that the ecosystem provides a multitude of things without which man cannot survive. The ecologist recommends that the more diversity in the ecosystem the better. Therefore, as far as food and water are concerned, it is essential to invest funds in conservation schemes.
‘NATURE FOR PEOPLE’!
Video about A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example
You can see more content about A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example
If you have any questions about A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example
A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example
way A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example
tutorial A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example
A Carnivore Eats Only Other Animals. Which Is An Example free
#Essential #Invest #Significantly #Plant #Wildlife #Preservation