You are searching about 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry, today we will share with you article about 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry is useful to you.
Synthetic or Human Hair? Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Wig
The ancient Egyptians are said to have invented the wig before the 1600s. It really doesn’t matter who made them first; I’m glad the wig is done! Any woman/person who knows the pain of a bad hair day appreciates the value of a good wig. Indeed, wigs have found new meaning in the 21st century. They are fashionable and help all people achieve the desired look with ease. Wigs also help people better maintain their natural hair. Continuous heat treatment and styling of natural hair is harmful. As a wig lover and wearer, I applaud the evolution and importance of this important beauty item. When you look to buy a wig online, you don’t have the privilege to touch and feel it. To that end, knowing how to judge quality and style is essential to making an informed decision. This comprehensive resource gives you the tools you need to order the most suitable wig that meets your needs.
What exactly is a wig?
According to an online dictionary, a wig is a covering made using real or artificial hair. The definition goes on to state that wigs are mostly worn by judges and lawyers in courts or by people trying to hide a bald head. Nowadays, wigs are widely worn by women as a fashion statement. Hair or no hair, many people will wear stylish wigs in an effort to look up-to-date and neat. Wigs also have cultural meanings where celebrities create their brand and persona around certain wig-enhanced looks.
Types of wigs available in the market
Wigs are made using synthetic hair, human hair or a mixture of human and animal hair. Sheep, agora rabbits and horses are some of the most common sources of animal hair used to make wigs.
Wigs made of synthetic hair
Synthetic wigs are made using man-made hair. Some of the most common materials used to make them include nylon and acrylic fibers. Synthetic hair technology has really improved making some of the most beautiful wigs on the market synthetic. In fact, some man-made hair wigs are indistinguishable from human or natural hair wigs. There are many merits of choosing a synthetic wig as highlighted below;
– Good quality ones look very real and natural
– They are more affordable compared to natural hair or human hair wigs
– Synthetic options will not have the problem of tangling, which is common in human hair types
– These wigs will keep their style even after washing
– You can choose a variety of styles and designs from the market as per your choice
– In general, they are easy to maintain
– Synthetic wigs come pre-styled and you cannot manipulate or change the style as you wish
– Synthetic wigs have a shorter life of no more than 6 months – however this will depend on the brand
Wigs made using human hair
Human hair wigs give you the comfort of knowing you are actually wearing real hair. As alluded to above, human hair can be mixed with real animal hair to form a hybrid. This type of wig comes with a number of pros and cons as given below;
– Styling can be done to your satisfaction. You can color, fix and style it just like your real hair. Therefore, you need a good stylist to keep your human hair wig looking great
– Due to the versatility of the texture, you can get a wig that is very close to the texture of your natural hair
– These wigs will often last longer than their synthetic counterparts. A person who wears such a wig every day can enjoy a year or more of service
– These wigs look and feel natural and this can improve your overall look and confidence
– They are often more expensive
– Maintaining them can be even more expensive than maintaining your real hair
– Wigs and their styling cannot withstand the elements and will likely react by becoming dry and tangled
– They fade faster and are more fragile to heat and styling tools
– Styling them will take work and time – also, they tend to be heavier than synthetic wigs
How do you choose the best type of wig to buy?
When it comes to wigs, there is no one size or type that fits all. You buy what is tailored to your needs. The following factors will determine whether you buy a human hair wig or a synthetic hair wig. Keep in mind that there are synthetic hair wigs that are heat friendly.
1. How much are you willing to spend?
If you are a penny pincher, then synthetic wigs are made for you. Not only are they more affordable, they also come in great quality and look very natural. If you don’t mind digging deeper into your pocket, you can opt for a human hair wig.
2. What are your hair style preferences?
If you’re the type of person who thrives on changing your hair look every other day, you need versatile wigs that can be styled however you like. In this regard, human hair wigs are flexible and can be colored, heat styled and cleaned to achieve the look you want. If you choose heat-friendly synthetic wigs, this is a good option; however, they last no longer than 4 months due to style.
3. Do you wear the wig every day?
Wearing a wig every day will expose it to the elements regardless of the type. Therefore, you need a wig that lasts longer and is more durable. For this purpose, a human hair wig can really help you. You can wear one for up to a year. You can also opt for synthetic wigs which are more pocket friendly. Investing in two or three can help extend the life of any wig. This can also give you style options to break up the monotony.
A guide to buying a wig that fits perfectly
Once you have a general idea of the type of wig you want, it’s now time to look at the details. Factors such as head size, cap type, color and style will come into play.
– How to determine head size for the perfect wig fit
Wigs need to fit perfectly and just like your clothes and shoes, you need to know your size. Generally, there are three wig sizes which are; small, medium and large. Most women fall under the average head cap. To this end, the market is full of more style options in this regard. Another popular category of wig sizes is petite where women wear wigs with a smaller cap. Few women wear the big hat. Using a measuring tape, take the circumference of your head from the forehead and around the hairline. You can also use a flexible cloth to determine the measurement. If your head circumference results are 20.5 to 21.5 inches, you are a petite hat. 21.5 to 22.5 inches will indicate an average cap or head size. The large cap falls between 22.5 and 23.5 inches. Many wigs come with adjustment straps to help you optimize the fit accordingly.
– Consider the type of cap for the ideal wig
Cap types play a role in improving the overall look and feel of the wig. There are four basic types as stated below;
1. Classic capless wigs – They are capless and allow the hair to breathe better. They contain rows of hair sewn together.
2. Monofilament Cap Wigs – The hairs are placed in a transparent mesh cap individually. This gives a superior natural look. They are more expensive than classic wigs.
3. Hand Tied Cap Wigs – This is an improvement on monofilament cap wigs. It features a hand-tied construction where the hair is woven into a lace fabric for an even better natural look.
4. Lace Front Wigs – With lace fronts, all types of wigs can be enhanced. The hair is planted in very fine lace around the hairline. This way, your wig can be pulled back to achieve a very natural look.
– Choose your favorite wig style
Short, beard length, medium and long hairstyles, there are all kinds of wig styles to choose from. Be creative and choose what you like best. After choosing the desired style, consider the colors available for a particular piece. Again, this is a chance to do what works for you. Some styling experts may recommend certain wig colors and styles for your head, but in the actual sense, you should use your personal taste to get what you want the most. If you prefer an expert opinion on head shapes and styling best practices, the guide below is for you.
How to choose the ideal wig for your face shape
There are seven main face shapes. All people will have unique shapes, but these are the general shapes that will help you choose the most flattering wig.
1. Oval face shape
This is a longer face with a narrow jaw compared to the cheekbones. Most form elements are proportional. To that end, this shape can accommodate all types of wigs and hairstyles.
2. Round face shape
Characteristics of this face include a round hairline and a round chin. The widest part of the face will tend to be the cheeks and ears. The best styles for this face shape include short back wigs or ones that are slightly longer than chin length. Adding fullness and height to the crown is key to having a great look.
3. Square face shape
This face has a very strong square jawline and a square hairline. Wavy wigs that add softness and roundness suit this face shape very well. Layers are great as they add height to the crown. Curls and waves will add symmetry enhancing your overall look.
4. Rectangular or oblong face shape
This is a longer face without much width. It may have a very high forehead and a narrow chin. Short and medium length wigs will shorten the length of the face. Side parts and layers are great to enhance your look. With fuller sides, the width of your face will be added.
5. Heart face shape
This shape will feature wide cheekbones and forehead with a narrow jawline. The beard will often be small and soft. Some of the most suitable wig styles include side parted styles, chin length and other longer styles. The idea is to soften and narrow your chin while achieving balance with your prominent cheekbones.
6. Diamond face shape
This face is considered a cross between an oval and a heart shape. It has a narrow forehead and jaw line. The good thing about this shape is that it can pull off most wig styles. Experiment with what works best for you.
7. Pear face shape
This face has a round chin, narrow forehead and a wide jaw. Styles that minimize the jawline will work great. Having hair that is close to the forehead and temples can create an oval shape. Very long and full styles will add width to the jaw and you may want to avoid these wig styles.
Video about 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry
You can see more content about 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry
If you have any questions about 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry
5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry
way 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry
tutorial 5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry
5 Worst Ways Animals Are Exploited In The Fashion Industry free
#Synthetic #Human #Hair #Buying #Wig