You are searching about 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem, today we will share with you article about 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem is useful to you.
World Vegetarian Day
World Vegetarian Day was on October 1st. The day was created by the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS) in 1977 and then adopted by the International Vegetarian Union in 1978. World Vegetarian Day kicks off Vegetarian Awareness Month. You can make a difference by informing others about the benefits of being a vegetarian. Vegetarian diets have health benefits and save animal lives.
Here are seven reasons to become a vegetarian according to NAVS. Being a vegetarian can:
• Reduce the risk of big killers like heart disease, stroke and cancer while reducing exposure to foodborne pathogens
• Provide a sustainable response to feeding the world’s hungry through more efficient use of grains and other crops
• Save animals from suffering in factory-farm conditions and from the pain and horror of slaughter
• Conserve vital but limited freshwater, fertile soil and other precious resources
• Preserve irreplaceable ecosystems such as rainforests and other wildlife habitats
• Reducing greenhouse gases that are accelerating global warming.
• Mitigation of the ever-expanding environmental pollution of animal agriculture
Some additional reasons!!!
1) Your health: prevent disease. Eating meat has been linked to cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, hypertension, osteoporosis, kidney stones and many other devastating diseases. By eliminating meat from your diet, you can take a decisive step toward a long life of health and happiness.
2) Increased energy and stamina: A vegetarian diet improves stamina, concentration and sense of well-being. In one study, athletes who switched to a vegetarian diet improved their endurance by almost 3 times that of those who remained meat eaters.
3) Avoid toxic food contaminants: Meat foods are loaded with dangerous poisons and pollutants such as hormones, herbicides and pesticides and antibiotics. Since these toxins are all fat soluble, they concentrate in the fatty meat of animals. Not to mention viruses, bacteria and parasites like salmonella, trichinella and other worms and toxoplasmosis parasites.
4) Humans are vegetarians by design: our flat teeth are perfect for grinding grains and vegetables, not for shredding animal meat. Similarly, our hands are designed to gather, not tear, flesh. Our saliva contains the enzyme alpha-amylase, whose sole purpose is to digest the complex carbohydrates in plant foods. (This enzyme is not found in the saliva of carnivores.) Basically we have all the right machinery for consuming vegetarian products and none of the right machinery for meat foods.
5) Care for the environment: by improperly using animals for food, we are eating ourselves off the planet. Raising animals specifically to kill and eat has resulted in incredible waste and destruction of our precious resources. Just one example of the consequences is the fact that due to the plundering of our agricultural lands to fatten animals for slaughter, over 4 million hectares of agricultural land are being lost to erosion in this country every year.
6) Help end world hunger: every day forty thousand children on this planet die needlessly of hunger. According to Department of Agriculture statistics, one acre of land can grow 20,000 pounds of potatoes. The same acre of land, when used to raise cattle, may produce less than 165 pounds of edible beef.
7) Become a more peaceful person: when we consume animal meat products, we are necessarily at odds with nature and our living beings. Consuming meat foods has been scientifically linked to violent and aggressive behavior.
8) Have compassion for animals: animals raised for slaughter needlessly experience tremendous suffering throughout their lives and deaths. Many people try not to think about the torturous experiences of the animal whose meat ended up in their hamburger or on their dinner table. But if it’s unpleasant to think about, consider what it’s like to experience it.
9) Vegetarianism is moral and ethical: given the devastating consequences of eating meat on an individual, social and ecological level, as thoughtful, caring beings we must choose vegetarianism. Many great philosophers such as Plato, Socrates, Leo Tolstoy and George Bernard Shaw have taught the morality of vegetarianism.
10) Animals are God’s property and have the right to life: living beings temporarily trapped in animal bodies are not here for us to harm and exploit. We must act as caretakers and protectors of animals and the planet, not exploiters and killers. Many world religions, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Seventh-day Adventists, Mormons, and Jains, all teach that eating animal flesh is wrong.
Let people know that October is Vegetarian Awareness. If you haven’t already, explain why vegetarianism is important to you. Tell everyone about the benefits of meatless diets.
Video about 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem
You can see more content about 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem
If you have any questions about 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 1149669 4
Search keywords 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem
3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem
way 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem
tutorial 3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem
3 Plants And 3 Animals That Live In The Ecosystem free
#World #Vegetarian #Day